Saturday, April 9, 2016

Book Review - Semi-Human, By Isabel Jordan

I have been a terrible book reviewer.  It has been many many months since my last review.  My last review was done in December and it is not getting to be half way through April.  I am sorry that I have not been around.  I was suffering for a severe lack of the "I don't wanna's"  I have so many books to get reviews up for and that means you need to expect a lot of reviews in the next few weeks.  I also need to clean up the e-mail I have set up for this account and that means I will be picking up some new books to read soon.  If you have something you think I need to read, please let me know.

That being said, Isabel Jordan sent me the sequel to a book that aboslutely loved back in December and I did not get it reviewed liked I promised.  Isabel, I want to apologize.  I read the book, and the review is going up today!

Book Title: Semi-Human
Author: Isabel Jordan
Publishing Date: October 31, 2015
Page/Word Count: 223 pages

BLURB:

Harper Hall finally has everything she ever wanted. Thriving paranormal PI business? Check. At least some control over her psychic ability? Check. Smokin’ hot ex-slayer fiancé? Check.

But Harper’s plans to grab the first ordained Elvis impersonator she can find and marry Noah Riddick on the Vegas strip—sans drama—are shot to hell when her old business partner shows up and makes her an offer she can’t refuse. And if she tries? Well, let’s just say she might not live long enough to regret it.

In the course of their elopement from hell, Harper and Riddick find themselves entangled with the paranormal mafia, dodging creepy vampire ménage action, and participating in the supernatural equivalent of Fight Club. First rule of paranormal Fight Club? There are no rules. And, oh yeah, don’t die.

Seriously, what’s a girl gotta do to get her happily ever after? 

Pros: Excellent follow up to Semi-Charmed, great characters, great story, great flow
Cons: Surprise ending, semi-cliff hanger-ish (grr, hehe)
Overall rating: Highly recommended!!!!!! ( I would shout this if I could)

Review:

So I read Isabel's book, Semi-Charmed, and I loved it.  I went into this book hoping to get the same feelings I got from the last book.  I was not disappointed.  This book was great from beginning to end.  The characters I loved in the last book were there for me again.  

Harper is a great character! I love her and the way she just has come backs for people.  She is a smart-ass and those are my favorite kinds of characters. They are the ones I can relate to on so many levels.  I just relate to her so well and that is something I am always looking for in a characters.

Can I say that I have a crush on Riddick still?  You get more about him and I think that is what makes me love him more.  He is flawed, and flaws make characters so much more interesting to me.

If you have not read Semi-Charmed, you can go ahead and read this book without feeling like you are lost.  Don't get me wrong, I think you need to read that book as well.  I can't sing enough praises about this book, and really about Isabel Jordan.  She is a wonderfully creative author and I can't wait

Stars:


Amazon Link:Buy It Here
Goodreads Link: Click Here
Twitter Link: @izzyjord
Facebook Link:Isabel's Facebook
Webpage: Author's Page

No comments:

Post a Comment