Saturday, August 15, 2015

Book Review - Redemption, By R.K. Ryals

So I am part of several of those free book/cheap book groups.  It is always fun to get the e-mails with new free or cheap books for me to pick up.  I look forward to seeing what is available for me. I have found some great books and I made the choice to start reviewing them as I can.  I have others to review on certain dates, but sometimes it's nice to get something in between.

We are also looking at starting up a podcast as well.  I am nervous but I am very interested in doing some kind of audio on books and such.  We shall see though, I am very hesitant to talk to myself, lol.

For your reading pleasure....






Book Title: Redemption
Author: R.K. Ryals
Publishing Date: October 11, 2011
Page/Word Count: 322 Pages


BLURB:

A fateful car accident, a strange Abbey ruled by an even stranger Abbess, an insane Demon, a world where right and wrong becomes dangerously twisted, and a confident, rebellious teenager . . . .

Dayton Blainey is a foul-mouthed, grief-stricken young woman forced to live with a religiously eccentric aunt who favors her moral older sister. But when Dayton's life becomes intertwined with a dangerous stranger, she suddenly finds herself at the center of a war fought since the beginning of time.

Trapped between what she believes is right, and a forbidden attraction, Dayton must come to terms with betrayal and her surprising lineage to stop a war before it even begins.

Pros: Great story, great characters
Cons: Seemed rushed in some areas
Overall rating: Good book, would recommend it

Impressions: Good characters, rushed story

Review:

So I picked this up as a free book on a list I got my e-mail.  I am glad I did.  I really enjoyed reading it.  It was definitely something that fit into my normal reading lists.  

The characters are great, and let me just say that I loved that the main characters was named Dayton.  It's not a normal name for a character and I love that about this book.  The names aren't just the normal, run of the mill names.   She is a good base character as well.  She is strong when she needs to be but at the same time she has her vulnerabilities.  You want your characters to be real, not some perfect person.

This book was a great start to this series though.  The idea behind it was well thought out but I think that the author wanted to get more into the first novel and pushed to hard in some areas.  That is why it felt rushed for me.  I think that if she had really planned out the series she could have stretched it out more.  That is just my opinion.  I know that she has a whole series now, but this was still rushed to me.

Stars: 4 out of 5 stars



Amazon Link: Buy it here
Goodreads Link: Click here
Twitter Link: @RKRyals
Facebook Link: R.K. Ryals
Webpage: Author's Site


No comments:

Post a Comment