Saturday, August 8, 2015

Book Review - The War Prince, by Adrian Castenda

You just have to love the weeks where it feels like there is just not enough of yourself to go around.  On my personal Facebook I talked about cloning myself.  Some days I think that two of me would get so much more done. I would be able to read so many more books too!  Oh the possibilities.

On with this show....




Book Title: The War Prince
Author: Adrian Castaneda
Publishing Date: June 28, 2015
Page/Word Count: 116 Pages


BLURB:

The War Prince is a story about “Anthony Cast” a special boy who wasn’t supposed to be born alive. Moments before dying, the War Prince gave Anthony Cast his heart, giving him a chance at life. With the help of friends, Anthony has to survive all attacks from evil to raise The War Prince, who reincarnates as his son.


Pros: The idea behind the story is a great one
Cons: This book needs to be fleshed out and the timeline fixed
Overall rating: Needs work

Impressions: This book needs work.

Review:

So this book has a great idea inside it, but I feel like the author needs to do some more work on it. The characters and the feel of the book are good.  I think that with a little more work and changes in the book's timeline the book would be great.

I had a hard time getting through this book.  Everything was definitely rushed and in some points it was clear that the author wanted to get ideas out but was not getting them out in the right order.  It was a struggle to get through the book because of this.  I got lost many times and I hate that for the book.  It shows such promise.

My point comes in the form of a question, was this edited by someone other then the author?  And really, was it originally done in something other then English?  I saw that the book was also available in Spanish, so I am going to assume that perhaps our author was not originally an English speaker.  I would suggest getting an editor that is and natural English speaker.  If this book is intended to be marketed to the English speaking world, this needs to be done.  

Stars: 2 of 5 stars


Amazon Link: Pick it up here
Goodreads Link: Click Here






No comments:

Post a Comment