Saturday, April 18, 2015

Book review - Kragen, By Dennis K. Hausker

So I know I finished a book review just this morning, but I started a book last night that I had to finish today.  As soon as I finished the book I had to do this review.  It was a great book and I can't help but share it.

I have more books to read, but here is the newest review...

Book Title: Kragen

Author: Dennis K. Hausker

I got this book by e-mail from the author for an honest review.  Let me start this review with an honest statement, I have not read much epic fantasy.  It has just been outside of my norm.  I wanted to branch out and when I got the e-mail about the book I jumped on the chance to read it.  I could not put this book down once I started reading it.

Dennis did an excellent job with this book.  There were just a few little issues with a name being in the wrong place or a word being wrong, but other then that I had no issue with reading this book.  I loved the concept of the book and the characters in it as well.

I want to start with Damon.  I loved how he started out so low on himself, and even as he grew that never truly changed.  His low self-esteem just made him the person he needed to be.  It made him question the things he did and all the people around him.  I believe that it was all these things that helped him grow as a character.  As he grew I loved him more and by the end of the book I just wanted to hug him and put him in my pocket.  Yes, I know that is a girl thing to say, but I am a girl.

The relationships in the book really worked for me and I loved how they all grew and changed as the book progressed.  I think that if he had written the book where the characters all got what they wanted in the beginning, things would have been different for them in the end.  The way he did things made the characters all grow.  Not many authors will do that. Most of the time the main character gets his love interest right away, or they have some small task to complete to prove themselves.  That was not the case here.

I think because of how much I enjoyed reading this book I am going to have to branch out and read more epic fantasy books. This is the first book I have given a five star rating too on this site.

Pros: Well developed characters, storyline and a wonderful ending.

Cons: Just some small editing issues

Over all rating: Highly recommended!!


No comments:

Post a Comment